Best Coax Surge Protector In December 2022
Are you looking for the coax surge protector from different brands on the market, such as jeje,VCE,APC,Belkin,Ancable,Artist Unknown but don't know where to start? We've selected our best coax surge protector after extensive research and designed a buying guide to help you pick the best option.
To compile our list of the best coax surge protector, we've researched and evaluated a range of the best-selling coax surge protector on the market. We recommend jeje Coax Surge Protector as our top pick because of its best overall performance. Want to explore more options? Read on! There's also a buying guide to help you make a wise shopping decision.
Parts Express Cable TV in-Line Coaxial Surge Protector jeje 180-190 0.20 pounds
VCE Coaxial Surge Lightning Protector VCE 4330943179 0.07 pounds
APC Surge Protector with Telephone, DSL and Coaxial Protection APC P11VT3 13.70 x 7.50
Top 10 Best Coax Surge Protector Reviews 2022
1. Parts Express Cable TV in-Line Coaxial Surge Protector</h3> jeje 180-190 0.20 pounds
- Low insertion loss of less than 0.2 dB video -1,500 MHz
- Durable design survives surge discharge currents of 100A (10/1000µs, 300 times with 3 minute intervals)
- Return loss of 16 dB video to 500 MHz
2. VCE Coaxial Surge Lightning Protector</h3> VCE 4330943179 0.07 pounds
- Provides superior protection against high and low voltage transient surges,regulatory compliance CE,RoHS
- Suitable for CATV,MATV,SATV,cable net and other communication system in-line coaxial surge protector
- Install and teardown simply,low insertion loss and high return loss,DC outlet for remote power supply
- Return Loss:5 to 862MHz:typ 20dB,GM 18dB,863 to 1002MHz:typ 20dB,GM 18dB,1125-1750MHz:typ 16dB,GM 14dB,1751 to 2502MHz: typ 14dB,GM 12dB
3. APC Surge Protector with Telephone, DSL and Coaxial Protection</h3> APC P11VT3 13.70 x 7.50
- 8' cord with 180 degree rotation and right angle plug
- 3020 joule surge protector power strip
- Lifetime warranty and 100,000 dollars equipment protection policy provides peace of mind
- Telephone and co axial protection against power surges along data lines
- 11 total power surge protector outlets with sliding safety shutters, 6 outlets are block spaced for larger adapters
4. Belkin AV Power Strip Surge Protector and Coaxial Protection</h3> Belkin BV107030-04-BLK
- Generous 4-foot cord is ideal for home or office use
- 7 surge-protected outlets for your convenience
- Keep your high-end equipment protected, while ensuring the clearest picture and sound possible.
- Protects devices with a 2,000-joule energy rating
- Backed by a lifetime warranty and $75,000 connected equipment warranty
- The Ultimate Surge Protector commands high performance, with superior power protection for your sensitive home theater equipment.
- Great for sensitive equipment like home theater systems
5. Coax Surge Protector, Ancable 1-Pack F Type Male to Female Coaxial Surge Lightning Protector</h3>
- Low Loss: Surge protector with F type male to a female surge protector, cable protector less than 0.4 dB video -1500 MHz, return loss (75 ohms）
- Cost-effective: Lightning strikes or accidental surges may damage your expensive equipment and electrical appliances in the blink of an eye through the connected coaxial cable. Using this high-quality and inexpensive surge protector can protect them from lightning strikes, which is a great selection.
- Easy to Install and Use: F type male to female surge protector is easy to install and teardown. You can have your television and other media devices plugged into a surge protector. It can be connected to your cable box, satellite receiver, or any distribution amps and splitters.
- Perfect Application: Suitable for CATV, MATV, SATV, satellite, antenna, cable TV, cable net, and another communication system in-line coaxial surge protector. It can be protected the receiver,set-top box, and TV when thundering.
- Durable and Premium: The Male to Female Surge Lightning Protector provides superior protection against high and low voltage transient surges. When encountering a lightning strike, the lightning arrester will immediately disconnect and automatically connect after 10 seconds. The durable design of the surge protector can withstand a surge discharge current of 100A. Made of brass, anti-corrosion nickel plating. Long-term use will not be damaged.
6. Coaxial Surge Protector for Cable TV</h3> Artist Unknown 2.70 x 0.50 x 0.50 inches 0.04
- LOW LOSS:Cable protector less than 0.4 dB Video-1500 MHz , Return loss (75 ohms): 13dB (VSWR 1.38)
- Lightning surge protector suitable for CATV,MATV,SATV,cable net and other communication system in-line coaxial surge protector
- LIGHTNING PROTECTOR--Protect your valuable equipment and appliances;Surge discharge currents of 100A (10/1000μs, 300 times with 3 minute intervals)
- Made of brass, anti-corrosion nickel plating
- EASY INSTALLATION:Surge protector with F type male to female surge protector. You can have your television and other media devices plugged into a surge protector.It can be connected your cable box, satellite receiver, or any distribution amps and splitters
7. TII 212 Broadband Cable TV and Satellite Lightning Surge Protector 75 Ohm 5-1500MHz</h3> TII
- Unique In-Line design is virtually transparent to all analog or digital signals from DC to 1GHz.
- 5-year warranty when purchased from an Authorized TII Dealer. Warranty not valid when purchased through other outlets.
- Protection element is designed to reset after each surge event, with a service life of up to 1500 surges.
- Provides superior protection against high and low voltage transient surges.
- Protects expensive HDTV receivers, DVRs, cable modems, etc. from potentially damaging surges.
8. Coaxial Surge Protector Kit with Jumper Cable</h3> Clever Family Homes CFHSO0400 0.24
- Kit Includes: 1 foot coax RG6 jumper cable, 3 foot AWG 12 ground wire, 1 spare replacement 90V gas discharge tube (GDT), 1 male-to-male type-F adaptor.
- IMPEDANCE of 75 OHMS. Frequency range: 0-3G. Insertion loss: ≤1.2:1. 90V Gas Discharge Tube (GDT). Coaxial RG6 Type-F Female-to-Female connections.
- EASY INSTALL. Small compact design. Size: 1.96"x0.98"x0.98". Weight: 4.59 Oz. Operating temperature -67°F to 311°F. No loss of speed or quality.
- Additional replacement 90V Gas Discharge Tubes (GDT) are available for order separately.
- PROTECTS Cable Modem, Set top box, Tuner, DVR, Arial and TV coaxial RG6 connections. FCC, ROHS, IEC6069-16 compliant.
9. GROWORD Coaxial Surge Protector, 2Pcs Lightning Arrester</h3> groword
- [Surge protector] : The surge protector can withstand the surge discharge current when it strikes, and will immediately open the switch to protect it from lightning, thereby protecting the receiver, set-top box, TV, and valuable equipment and electrical appliances in the home.
- [High-quality material] : The surge protector is made of high-quality nickel-plated brass, which is durable and anti-corrosion, and can be used for a long time without damage.
- [Wide application & Low loss] :The surge protector is suitable for CATV, MATV, SATV, cable network, satellite TV, cable TV and other applications.It has low return loss and can be remotely powered by a DC socket.
- [Cost benefit] : Lightning strikes or accidental surges may cause damage to set-top boxes, TVs and other expensive equipment. Using this kind of high-quality and low-cost surge protector can effectively reduce losses and is a good choice.
- [Improve the problem of TV noise] : Are you still annoyed by the hum/noise/scrolling line on the TV? This surge protector can improve the TV noise problem, help you stay away from this trouble, and enjoy a more comfortable life.
10. Tripp Lite TLP128TTUSBB 12 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip</h3> Tripp Lite TLP128TTUSBB
- Easy placement & mounting: 8 feet; Ac power cord acts like an extension cord and provides to ability to reach distant outlets, while the right angle (flat plug) NEMA 5 15p plug allows furniture to be pushed flat against the wall; Keyhole slots on bottom panel provides convenient wall or desk mounting options
- Protect any electronic device from power surges & spikes: Surge protector with two outlets protects your pc, personal computer, laptop, printer, scanner, router, phone, fax, modem, television, lamp or any other home/office electronics from dangerous power surges, spikes & line noise
- Surge & tel/modem/coax protection: This surge suppressor features twelve nema 5 15r outlets, which defends your sensitive electronic components against even the strongest power surges and spikes; 4320 Joules mean maximum protection for your equipment; RJ11 and coaxial cable connectors protect phone/fax/modem/cable/satellite equipment
- USB charging: This power strip surge protector features dual USB A ports are available for charging your smartphone, tablet and other USB mobile devices, which are also protected from the damaging effects of surges, spikes and line interference; Ideal surge with USB charging
- Lifetime warranty, 150,000 dollars insurance: Lifetime limited warranty and 150,000 dollars ultimate lifetime insurance covers any connected equipment damaged by a power surge
Frequently Asked Question
1. Should I run my coax cable through a surge protector?
Don't run it through a surge protector, it will cause ingress in your lines. Your coax line will already be grounded so it would be redundant anyways.
2. Where do you put a coaxial surge protector?
In order to function properly and protect against these surges, the protector must be installed, grounded and maintained properly, and used within specified limits. Protectors should be installed near the coaxial entry from exposed cable runs.
3. What is a coax surge protector?
It's a simple part that goes along your coaxial line and stops power surges. It sounds like a slam dunk, especially since consumer-grade ones are pretty cheap.
4. Does cable TV need a surge protector?
From your cable TV and/or internet provider? No. Your cable connection is bonded to the power ground at the entrance to the building, which will prevent any surge large enough to be damaging to be shunted to ground before it can cause damage or fire.