Best Benchtop Wood Lathe In January 2023
If you aren't someone who makes frequent purchases, selecting the benchtop wood lathe won't be an easy chore for you. However, you shouldn't be concerned because we have provided you with the most comprehensive list possible of the top best benchtop wood lathe. Have a look at the products on our list, and pick the ones that appeal to you the most.
We researched and tested 288 benchtop wood lathe in the market to get you the list of the best benchtop wood lathe. Our most recommended product is WEN Benchtop Wood Lathe. Check out our best [count] for all of our favorites, and be sure to read our buying guide to get all the information you need to make the best choice!
WEN LA3424 4.5-Amp 12-Inch by 18-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
Grizzly Industrial T25920-12" x 18" Variable-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
PNBO Upgraded Wood Lathe 14" X 40" with Speed Display Screen, Power Wood Turning Lathe Adjustable
Top 10 Best Benchtop Wood Lathe Reviews 2023
1. WEN LA3424 4.5-Amp 12-Inch by 18-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
- Features a 4. 5A motor, an MT2 headstock spur center, an MT2 tailstock live center, an 8-inch tool rest, and an on-board accessory holder
- Switch between five different speeds: 520, 900, 1400, 2150, or 3400 RPM
- Includes 3-1/8 inch Faceplate for turning bowls, cups and other non-spindle work pieces
- Attack work pieces up to 18 inches long and 12 inches wide
- MT2 tailstock and headstock tapers allow for compatibility with a wide variety of Lathe Accessories
2. Grizzly Industrial T25920-12" x 18" Variable-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
- This Variable-Speed Wood Lathe provides 12" of turning radius and spindles up to 16-1/2"
- The three speeds range from 650 to 3800 RPM so you can find just the speed you need to finish whatever job your heart desires
- This lathe was also made in an ISO 9001 factory and includes a digital spindle speed indicator
3. PNBO Upgraded Wood Lathe 14" X 40" with Speed Display Screen, Power Wood Turning Lathe Adjustable
- CENTER DISTANCE 40":You will have a center distance of 40" (1000mm) to freely adjust the workpiece distance. Cutting diameter is 14" (350mm). Owning our lathe will make your DIY more perfect.
- UPGRATED MOTOR:0.67 Horse Power motor, Voltage: 110V.The ordinary motor is composed of aluminum wire, and the upgraded motor is a copper wire motor, which has a larger current carrying capacity, is more energy-saving, durable and stable and with lower noise .
- GREAT BEGINNER LATHE：The stylish appearance, complete accessories and sturdy casing are very suitable for starters. It does not need to take up extra space, allowing you to DIY in a small space. such as straight fluting, grooving, drilling, layout & much more.
- COMPLETE ACCESSORIES & 5 CHISELS：A complete set of accessories is sufficient for the installation and disassembly of the lathe.Free 5 chisels can meet your basic DIY needs.
- WITH SPEED DISPLAY SCREEN：Adjust the speed of the lathe according to your DIY workpiece needs.The speed can be adjusted 0-2950 r/min.And the direction of rotation can be easily adjusted by the transfer switch.
4. JET JWL-1015, 10" x 15" Wood Lathe, Variable Speed, 1/2HP, 1Ph 115V (719100)
- Six Spindle Speeds: 500, 840, 1240, 1800, 2630, and 3975
- JET Red Assurance Guarantee: Backed by JET's industry-leading five-year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Improved Gripping: Tailstock features a live center
- 24-Position Indexing: you can turn your object to just the right orientation
- Enhanced Tensioning System: Easier access to belts for more precision
- Increased Rigidity: Bed ways have an increased width to give you more stability
5. MH GLOBAL 1/2 HP 4 Speed 40 inch Power Wood Turning Lathe 14 x 40 Wood Lathe
- Headstock: The Drive Spindle Is A No. 1 Morse Taper, Threaded 3/4 inch 16. The Out Bork End Of The Drive Spindle Can Also Be Used For Large Turning And Is Threaded 3/4 inch, 16, Left Hand; Tailstock: Slides A Long Full Length Of The Bed And Clamps Into Po
- Construction: Headstock, Tailstock, Foot, Tool Rest Base, And Tool Rests Are Of Heavy Cast Iron. Bed Is Made Of Heavy Steel Tubing
- Wood Lathes Turning Capacity: 14 inch Maximum Diameter Over Bed. 40 inch Maximum Between Centers; Wood Lathe Pulley System: Four Speed, V Belts;Spindle Speeds: 810 RPM to 3400 RPM; Motor: 350 Watt, 1400 RPM,110 Volt AC, Mounted To Headstock
- Dimension: 59.05 in L x 9.45 in W x 14.57 in H *Rough Estimation*
- 1/2 HP 4 Speed 40 inch Power Wood Turning Lathe 14 x 40 Wood Lathe
6. Mophorn Wood Lathe 14" x 40", Power Wood Turning Lathe 1/2HP 4 Speed 1100/1600/2300/3400RPM,
- Solid Steel Construction: Solid steel constructed wood lathes for durability and strength, providing increased stability and smooth operation, reducing vibration.
- 4 Grade Speeds: The adjustable belts can be adjust with ease and accuracy within 3400 RPM, 1100, 1600, 2300, 3400prm available.
- Wrenches & Chisels: 3 wrenches are for easy using and maintainance. 3 chisels provided also, 1 x Skew Chisel, 1 x Shear Scraper and 1 x Spindle Gouge.
- Large Work Capacity: 40" (1000mm) distance between centers, Cutting Diameter 14" (350mm). High concentricity. Moving tailstock to adjust proper distances for workpieces.
- 1/2 Horse Power Motor: 1/2 Horse Power motor, Voltage: 110V. The powerful motor starts softly offering motor's maximize safety and low noise.
7. Benchtop 14" Variable Speed Wood Lathe w/induction motor
- Wahuda Tools has listened to many people's suggestions and integrated the most desirable features into our 14” Midi Lathe. Our lathe is 830 mm long x 330 mm wide x 430 mm high and is portable, but big enough, to satisfy the needs of beginners to advanced users.
- The exceptional 1HP AC motor that is perfectly paired with an inverter that maintains a higher and more consistent output torque which is not found on most of the competitive models in today's market This is especially effective when running at speeds as low as 30RPM and maintaining the output torque of the spindle at or near 100% which is beneficial for users who need to work at low speeds to make certain projects.
- Even though this is a bench top lathe, Wahuda uses a 1'' diameter toolrest which is a common size used on medium and large lathes which allows it to be able to use many of the different toolrests on the market.
- The Midi Lathe has three speed ranges (30-800, 150-1,700, and 350-3,700 RPM) which can be easily changed with a quick release lever on the motor to release belt tension. The spindle speed can conveniently be viewed on the front window of the lathe's digital display.
8. JET JWL-1840EVS, 18" x 40" Wood Lathe, 230V 1PH, 3,200 RPM (719600)
- CONVENIENT SAFETY: Magnetic-backed, remote emergency stop button can be situated along the lathe bed.
- ADDITIONAL LONGEVITY: Extended spindle nose houses dual headstock spindle bearings.
- SECURE HOLDING: Banjo uses non-marring, positive locking wedge system to firmly hold tool post.
- MAXIMIZE WORKING COMFORT: 4" cast iron risers allow user to adjust height of lathe.
- INFINITELY-VARIABLE SPEED: Conveniently-located digital readout lets you adjust speed from 40 to 3,200 RPM.
- VERSATILE POSITIONING: Sliding headstock pivots 360 degrees.
9. Grizzly G0766 22" x 42" Variable-Speed Wood Lathe
- This lathe is perfect for serious wood turners who want to turn large bowls, furniture pieces and other large-diameter projects
- The heavy-duty cast iron bed and stand make this lathe extremely stable and the headstock can be positioned anywhere along the bed
- This product is easy to use easy to install and highly durable
- This mini multipurpose machine can be assembled into 6 kinds of different lathes, but you can use only one kind of these lathes at the same time.
- Mini 6 in 1 lathe machine for DIY assembly of sawing machine, grinder, driller, wood lathe, metal lathe, miller.
- Made of advanced aluminum alloy, durable and non-deformable for usage.
- Interesting to install and use, perfect gift for lathe DIY enthusiasts.
- Great handcraft tool kit for DIY, hobby, model making, crafts, students, small parts processing, etc.
Frequently Asked Question
1. What brand of wood lathe is best?
The Best Wood Lathe For Beginners. 1 WEN 3421 Wood Lathe.2 SHOP FOX Wood Lathe.3 JET JWL Lathe.4 Delta Industrial Lathe.5 Mophorn Wood Lathe.1 WEN 3421 Wood Lathe.,2 SHOP FOX Wood Lathe.,3 JET JWL Lathe.,4 Delta Industrial Lathe.,5 Mophorn Wood Lathe.,
2. Who makes the best full-size wood lathe?
Best full-size wood lathes for turning large bowls. Powermatic 3520C review: The overall best.Laguna Revo 2436 review: The runner-up.Grizzly G0766 review: Great option for the money.Jet JWL 1221VS: The overall best.Delta 46-460: The runner-up.Nova Comet II DR.Rockler Excelsior mini lathe 10×18: The runner-up.Powermatic 3520C review: The overall best.,Laguna Revo 2436 review: The runner-up.,Grizzly G0766 review: Great option for the money.,Jet JWL 1221VS: The overall best.,Delta 46-460: The runner-up.,Nova Comet II DR.,Rockler Excelsior mini lathe 10×18: The runner-up.,
3. What is the best wood mini lathe?
The 5 Best Mini Wood Lathes for Starting Your Projects. Best Mini Wood Lathe for the Money – Nova 46300 Comet II Variable Speed 12” X 16.5”Best Mini Wood Lathe for Beginners – WEN 3420T 8” X 12”Best Budget Mini Wood Lathe – Excelsior Mini Wood Lathe.Best Overall Mini Wood Lathe – PSI Turncrafter Commander KWL-1018VS.Best Mini Wood Lathe for the Money – Nova 46300 Comet II Variable Speed 12” X 16.5”,Best Mini Wood Lathe for Beginners – WEN 3420T 8” X 12”,Best Budget Mini Wood Lathe – Excelsior Mini Wood Lathe.,Best Overall Mini Wood Lathe – PSI Turncrafter Commander KWL-1018VS.,
4. What is the best wood turner?
WEN 3424T - Best Benchtop Wood Lathe. ,RIKON 70-105 - Best for Pen Turning. ,JET JWL-1640EVS - Best Overall. ,Powermatic PM2014 - Best for Turning and Sanding. ,Delta Industrial 46-460 - Best for Professional Woodworkers. ,Shop Fox W1758 Wood Lathe - Best Value for Money. ,Grizzly G0462 Wood Lathe - Best Full-Sized Wood Lathe.,